You pin, we unfollow.
I enjoy the irony in this. And no, Newsweek doesn’t follow Obit of the Day. So I’m OK.
I have no problem with pinning:
* It’s a great way to get important posts noticed. And if what you thought was important isn’t then you won’t get likes.
* Just click the pin and they disappear. Easy.
* It’s only five bucks which is reasonable marketing money for smaller tumblrs who can’t afford the Radar.
* Pins work for my tumblr…I’ve pinned Sally Ride, Jerry Nelson, Antietam, Jackie Robinson, and it’s gotten lots of notes. Which is the point.
* So you can be grumpy about them but are they really an issue that hurts the use of a free blogging platform?